Stop-motion animations made for Home Between Waves
An original play based on short stories by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
As the space designer, I chose to incorporate projected stop-motion animations as part of the design and storytelling elements. They serve as transitional elements or ambient backdrops to suggest tone, setting, or imaginative moments.
In order of appearance:
- Stages of Adjustment graph - opening of “Trail of Your Blood in the Snow” story
- Clouds - while Billy and Nena travel in an airplane
- “Imagine, a trail of your blood in the snow, all the way from Madrid to Paris. Wouldn’t that make a good song?” - while Nena’s finger bleeds unstoppably
- The mountain graphs - opening of “Light is Like Water” story
- Light bulbs break, and out! the light flows
- The boys sail in the waves
- Rain drops - during the “Maria Dos Prazeres” story
Materials include watercolor paint, sketch paper, tracing paper, wires, magazines, laser print cut-outs, and watercolor pencils.